Thursday 8 February 2007

Tales of the Unemployed Part 7 (Well at least no one's at work today)

First off, a hello to our new readers (assuming there are some). We realised that creating a blog wasn’t much use without publicising it, and being the publicity mogul that I am, a press release seemed the wisest idea. So woo, readers! Next stop, appearing on Google. We’ll be famous really soon, I can tell.

So what news. Hollie has now finished with all things work experience related and spent the last few days celebrating with trips to Sheffield and Oxford, both of which involved lots of alcohol and catching up with old friends. Its all been quite good in terms of distracting attention from the fact that she really isn’t even pretending to do anything any more. But when this snow has disappeared it’s off to Office Angels to start Phase 2 of Operation Employment: Temping. I’m not sure how many phases there are of this operation, but I’m hoping it’s not too many.

Sarah is being a bit of a traitor to the cause and starting actual PAID WORK next week. Yes it may only be three days a week, but not really in the spirit of things eh. Also what makes it even more against our general ethos is that she has had to give up doing free work to enable to her to earn money. What ever next real jobs!!!! Nah don’t be silly that will never happen.

Um… what else. Well it’s snowed a lot, meaning that even the resident employed people chez Rendall (i.e. my parents) haven’t made it out today. I’ve been showing them how it’s done and gently leading my dad away from his computer when he’s made noises about ‘working from home’. It’s been very clear that I am the pro at bumming around the house which is quite comforting in a way.

That’s about it I think. In between all these trips away and having a cold I pretty much only have time for Peep Show and that’s not very interesting to write about. I’m going to have some lunch now and possibly contemplate the meaning of life.

No comments: