Tuesday 27 February 2007

Tales of the Unemployed Part 11 (The End of An Era - For A While)

It’s a bit strange. I’m looking at my diary and there are lots of things written in it. To be precise, I am going to be busy until the first of June! It’s rather perturbing, having a feeling of usefulness where before there was just general apathy. The void of unemployment is coming to an end for me, at least for a little while. It’s not just me either – part of the reason I’m bumming about writing this is because Sarah’s at work *cough*traitor*cough*.

So why all this activity all of a sudden? Well further to our discussion of our dads getting us work the other day, I am definitely going to be working full time for a month, starting this Friday. In the space of this morning I’ve also managed to get a month’s publishing work experience sorted for after that, with just a couple of weeks’ breathing space to convince myself I’m not really a full time working woman. What with a sort of job interview thing on Thursday and another enthralling day of data entry (hoorah), the upshot of all of this is that today is my last day of sitting on my arse eating yoghurt and watching the Tyra Banks Show!

Watching ‘Spaced’ the other day (yes I ran out of Peep Show) I was presented with the question, ‘Does inactivity breed laziness?’. Well the answer is yes. If today is the time to reflect on my six weeks of almost unadulterated sloth since my return from more pleasant lands, I can safely say that I have never been so unproductive in my life (excluding infanthood, obviously). Being a lady of leisure is undoubtedly over rated.

Well I feel like I've talked about myself enough for one day. I'll leave you with an exciting follow up to the West Morlands Gazette story - here. Once again the comments are priceless. Good old West Morlands I say.

Hollie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Avoid checking on your stocks daily. Making wise stock market purchases not merely demands company study, furthermore, it needs one to maintain a very good standard of emotionally charged extended distance. By nature, the stock exchange techniques up and down. If you allow your self get caught up in each increase and drop, you can expect to in the near future come to be emotionally fatigued. Additionally, committing for the long term will bring a lot more advantages than simple-phrase tactics or day trading, unless you are a really seasoned supply dealer. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Sed8i86en[/url]